adding to existing soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to put a soil pipe into an existing downstairs loo. The toilet at present just goes straight down and out into the outside drain, so because I want to put a loo up stairs directly above I thought I could move the toilet over 18 inches and build an internal stack up the corner with a joggle of say 45 degrees and go straight down the existing hole and branch the downstairs loo off the side. I would branch the upstairs loo off the side and carry on up and out. Can anyone see a problem with that idea. :?:

Sponsored Links
Building regs, and ofset in wet part of stack :cry:

The ODPM web site's been given loads of times. Do a search on Building Regs or go to www.odpm.gov.uk and search for Approved Document H.

Sponsored Links
OK thanks Chris just the job but just one question, the info shows there must be 750mm between an offset and a junction. Can the offset be 2 right angle radius bends or does it need to be 45 degrees.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back