Soil pipe problem

pek

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, my first post here so be gentle with me :eek:

We are curently changing out the bathroom for all new and have hit a small problem with the soil stack. We are going to move the WC to another wall which means we will have to swivel the soil connector through 90 degrees, no prblem BUT the joints seem to be the glued type and try whatever we cannot get it to move without twisting all the way to the downstairs loo connection. Is there a way I can cut out the old one and put in new without changing the whole stack ?

Thanks in advance

Richard :D

Sponsored Links
I suggest you would cut out the existing glued branch, then using a loose collar and new branch.

Check the height of the new pan to outlet before cutting out the glued branch, so that the new collar/branch will be at a good height.

hope that makes sense.

Al

Cheers Al

I had read about the slip collars but could find no instructions as to how to go about fitting. I will be visiting the local DIY store this weekend then ;)

Richard

slip collars are a differnet thing, not required for your job.

a loose collar is glued on one and and lubricated on the end that the branch slips into, if you connect the 2 pieces together then measure where you need to cut the existing soil stack.

does the stack continue above or durgo'd or capped ?

Al

Sponsored Links
It carries on to an air vent through the roof above. But this is again quite stiff and I am not sure wether it is moveable although I shouldnt think it would be too hard to get up and release it if needed.

Richard

this is when a slip collar (above your new branch) would be useful.

it would avoid interfering with the vent at roof.

Al

Many thanks Al I got it soretd today with all the bits I needed from B&Q ;) I'm all soiled out now :LOL: May be back to ask more probing questions into the plumbing world soon :D

Rich

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back