soil pipe under floorboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. A friend of mine wants to do up his bathroom and relocate the toilet. The toilet will be moved by 1.5 m. so my question is how difficult is it to add 1.5 m of extention pipe under the floorboard by myself. Basically i will have to put cement weld stuff on both the 1.5 m of extention pipe and fitting, make sure that the pipe goes straight into the fitting and not in an angle and push all the way through before the cement weld dries. Is that a two men job? Would it be better if i used a flexible pipe and how reliable are 110 mm flexible pipes expecially under floorboards? Thank you very much for your time.

Sponsored Links
Assuming the joists run the right way and you can get enough fall, why not stick a socket on the pipe with an O ring socket on the other end, then you can push the pipe into the socket with lubricant.

hi doitall and thanks for your prompt reply. Do you mean a pushfit fitting? Send a picture or a link if you can please. And will it be ok to use under floorboard or there is a risk of a leak in the long run? Thanks again.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back