soil question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK,quick question! I am about to lay a lawn in my rear garden, the previous owners had decked most of it and layed the frame on top of a load of fine gravel. Now that I have removed the decking boards and dug down into the soil it is VERY sandy. Obviously I am going to put down top soil. My question is , should I remove every last bit of gravel or will it be ok to remove say half and let it mix with the sandy soil and top soil I have a snot sure how this will affect drainage. Hope this makes sense

Sponsored Links
OK,quick question! I am about to lay a lawn in my rear garden, the previous owners had decked most of it and layed the frame on top of a load of fine gravel. Now that I have removed the decking boards and dug down into the soil it is VERY sandy. Obviously I am going to put down top soil. My question is , should I remove every last bit of gravel or will it be ok to remove say half and let it mix with the sandy soil and top soil I have a snot sure how this will affect drainage. Hope this makes sense

:LOL:
Meant to read as not sure how this will affect drainage :LOL:

remove the gravel, it will only work its way into the topsoil.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back