soil stack and rain water?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to embark on building a lean to
But as part off the job i wish to move my soil stack and tidy up the waste pipes. so i have 1 hole in the roof.
the waste and rain currently run into a hopper then into a "trap" outside this then feeds straight into soil stack line before entering the man hole
My aim is to move and replace the soil stack to where the waste pipe are.( shorter run for toilet waste which due to moving toilet is quite shallow but functional)
Join the wastes into the soil stack.

Is there anything i can do with the rain water as any smell will exit the gutter rather the the top of the stack.
I know this against regs but is it possible to fashion a "u bend"?

Sponsored Links
What on earth are you talking about, and, whatever it is, why do you want help doing it if you already know that it's against the Water Regulations?

I basically want everything to go down one hole. Is there a legal way to do it?
This is what i does under ground but i wish it to do it above. My aim was to stay in regs but as the current setup is not and has no option of doing this I am investigating all possibilities
I could redivert the rain away from the stack but it then has to enter the main drain somewhere.
between current waste drop and manhole is 2m into which a second toilet goes and lean to would take 1.5m.So as you can see space is limited

You ought to contact your local building Control Officer about this anyway. He will advise what is acceptable. In principle I would have thought you could run the rainwater into the stack via a large trap (to prevent air from drain venting at gutter level). However it would need to be accessible for maintenance (clearing leaves, etc.).

Sponsored Links
Can`t see BC agreing, meself.........can you move the rainwater downpipe/realign the gutter/turn the downpipe round a corner of building and dischare elsewhere..........sketch plan would help..or photo ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back