Soil Stack Appears To Be Leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

With the weather being good over the past few days I've been tidying up the garden. When tidying around the back I noticed there was waste water that appears to be from the bathroom but maybe the kitchen sink gathering around where the soil pipe enters the ground. I am now thinking if its blocked or it is leaing out of a loose seal.

The soil pipe drops down from the second floor, the toilet goes into it first then further down the pipe is an inlet fromthe kitchen sink before going into the ground and I presume there is 2 90 bends to take the pipe into the cellar and down the wall into the sewer. I've taken some photos to help show you better.

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

As you can see, where the kitchen waste pipe meets soil stack is a very loose fit, I noticed the seal wasn't attached properly so thought water could be leaking from there? I did try refit the seal but failed and the seal dropped down the soil stack. Should I just buy a new one and refit it or do I need to try and fish it out?

Failing this, could it be the soil pipe is blocked somewhere? My guess is between the 2 90 bends. If so what should I do to fix this?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back