Soil Stack Parts + feed into access pipe or boss pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am going to be removing an old cast iron soil stack - and replacing it with a new PVC soil stack.

I am also moving my kitchen - so am wanting this new stack to be a single stack system.
Therefore, i am planning (starting at top down) - to have :

1) Vent Cowl (above roof slope level)
2) 2 offset bends - to move the pipe around the eaves without having to drill through the wood/tile.
3) Soil pipe - down to bathroom
4) Strap on boss - for sink waste
5) Soil branch (92.5 degree) - for toilet waste and bath waste feeding into side of the branch
6) Single socket connector
7) Soil pipe
8 ) Boss Pipe - for kitchen sink waste - and washing machine/dishwasher waste
9) Access Pipe

I obviously also need pipe/socket brackets(along with lubricant/sealant) - but have i missed anything off

Also, I have the following questions:

1) Can I remove the need for a boss pipe - by feeding the kitchen sink waste and washing machine/dishwasher waste all into the side of the access pipe ? (or is there any reason to keep these separate)

2) I have seen Soil pan connections which have sink connections on them too - such as this:
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Soil+Vent/WC-Connector-with-waste/invt/158826
Has anyone used one ? are they good/bad? is it better to keep both waste pipes separate?
[/url]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back