Any problem fitting a strap on boss here?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am plumbing in the waste and water for our new kitchen which will be in a different room to the original.

I am putting a strap on boss on the soil pipe shown below, this will be directly next to the dishwasher (side on) and the sink will be next to the dishwasher.

The only way I can keep the waste pipe low enough to pass behind the service void on the dishwasher is to cut into the soil pipe at the socket (branch?) at the bottom. This is going to have a slightly wider diameter than the soil pipe itself the boss is designed for. Could this cause an issue?

20161123_120012.jpg

Cheers,

Dan

Attachments

• 20161123_120012.jpg
    20161123_120012.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 151
Sponsored Links
I wouldn't risk it there - I'd cut out a chase higher up in your drylined wall.

They're brick walls. Think I'll give up on this idea, even putting the waste that low it is still incredibly tight to get the waste plus hot and cold into the service gap if even possible at all, that's before even considering getting the necessary fall on the pipe.

Looks like I'm going to have to put the sink in the corner which is annoying, this problem didn't occur to me and I had way too much faith in the kitchen designer.

Sponsored Links
Can you dig the floor out a bit, might be able to get on a bit lower, but bear in mind the depth of the invert of the drain from the stack, regs prohibit any connection lower than 450mm above the invert of the drain. (In case a discharge from above causes back pressure in the connection.)

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back