Waste pipe into soil stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of fitting a new bath into a first floor flat I have only just bought. Tenant downstairs is saying that there have been 3 leaks when the previous tenent was there - the leaks are apparently coming from where the waste pipe in the kitchen goes into the soil stack , the soil stack is in corner of bathroom. The waste pipe goes a few inches under the floorboards. Have run the taps constantly in the kitchen sink and I cannot see any leaks (I am in the process of finding out if the previous tenant had this fixed and I am sure that it was not as the bath needed to come out to get to the joint).
Is it easy enough to do a new join where the kitchen waste goes into the soil stack , as the joint there is glued with a few bends. Would I need to drill a hole around the current joint and then replace it with a fitting and any special sealant ?
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Can you see any signs (staining) that the pipe work in your bathroom/kitchen has leaked from anywhere before the stack?

Just buy a strap on boss for the size you want, for Kitchens this would be 1 1/2", drill soil stack and solvent weld the boss to it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back