Soil stack fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We’re in the process of planning a complete bathroom replacement, and would like to change the position of the WC to an adjacent wall at 90 deg. to its present position – probably 18” from the soil stack. The current arrangement is a fitting in the soil stack to which the present WC is connected, and at 180 deg. to this connection is a similar outlet for the WC in an adjacent ensuite (separate room – stud wall). The wastes from the bath and shower are also connected to this large fitting. The picture probably shows better than I can explain. Is there a fitting for the soil stack which would accommodate both WC outlets, but rather than being at 180 deg. to each other, are at 90 deg? If so, how is it possible to remove the existing fitting and install the new into the fixed soil stack? I guess if this is feasible, the waste from the adjacent ensuite shower will need to be re-routed somehow, since at present it is in the location that the new WC outlet needs to be (left in the pic). To be clear, this work will be carried out by a plumber, but I wanted to check in advance whether the planned design is workable

Sponsored Links
you want a corner branch.

tn_kt106.jpg

That looks good - but my existing fitting also has connections for the smaller diameter pipework from the bath and shower. And I don't understand how you would be able to fit it. Surely you need to raise the upper section of soil stack (or drop the lower section - more difficult I guess), but how do you do that without disrupting the exit of the pipe though the roof of the building?

Terrain solvent weld soil pipe do a fitting that is flush with the floor and can be used for waste pipes as well as the soil. :)

Sponsored Links
Use of a 'slip collar' will negate the need to move the stack up or down. Soil manifold fitted at floor level will accept the wastes, soil branch fitting will go into that. Provided access is available below floor level to cut and rejoin the pipe it shouldnt be difficult for a plumber to sort out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back