soil stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am refurbing bathroom and need to re-position the soil pipe to exit the wall at different location and then join to the stack. How do i go about repositioning / working the soil stack. Does it need to come down and start again OR can I cut the stack in half and fit a new cut piece to the existing stack. The stack currently runs outside and up through fascia and roof tiles.

Sponsored Links
I am refurbing bathroom and need to re-position the soil pipe to exit the wall at different location and then join to the stack. How do i go about repositioning / working the soil stack. Does it need to come down and start again OR can I cut the stack in half and fit a new cut piece to the existing stack. The stack currently runs outside and up through fascia and roof tiles.

You can't do this as it is covered by Part P. ;)

Only joking, a mod will move your question to the correct forum for you.

You can't do this as it is covered by Part P. ;)

Only joking, a mod will move your question to the correct forum for you.
Christ, you had me going for a minute there :eek: :LOL:
You can vary the discharge into the soil stack but it’s all subject to Building regulations &, strictly speaking, what you’re doing is notifyable work; it would help if you can post some pics or drawings with dimension. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back