Soil/waste vent pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Firslty I have a down stairs toilet under the existing bathroom with seperate waste pipe for the down stairs loo into the drain. 50's build.

The soil/vent pipe to the up stairs bathroom will be removed as i'm moving my bathroom to the rear of the house.

I would to know if its possible to remove the old cast pipe totally or can I reduce this in size if still needed as a vent pipe

I presume I will need to fit a new vent pipe at the rear of the property.

Thanks for the help.

Kev.

Sponsored Links
I would take your plans to BCO who will advise and will need to inspect too for which you will be charged as this work will be notifiable. :D

I would take your plans to BCO who will advise and will need to inspect too for which you will be charged as this work will be notifiable. :D

Bahco, doesn't that give you a warm glow? You can sleep easy now that you have given accurate advice :LOL: ;)

Sponsored Links
It is possible but it all depends on the distance between the w/c & the drain invert (the horizontal pipe under the ground that leads to the drain); if it’ less than 1.3m OK but if it;s more you will have to keep the vent. If the stack is inside the property you could use a stub stack & an AAV providing you have (of fit a new) open vent stack on the foul drain system but unfortunately you can’t use an AAV outside the property. You will need to provide a new vent stack &, obviously, a foul drain on the other side of the property for the new bathroom; & all this work is notifyable! :LOL: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back