Solar Expansion Tank Leaking / Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Solar System, the Zilmet Solar Plus expansion tank is leaking water, I've found a replacement tank. Can I replace the tank myself?

Is a simple job of unscrewing the old one and screwing in the new one?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have a Solar System, the Zilmet Solar Plus expansion tank is leaking water, I've found a replacement tank. Can I replace the tank myself?

Is a simple job of unscrewing the old one and screwing in the new one?

Thanks
This made me laugh!! FFS it's Summer & temperatures on your panel are so high, it could flash to steam any minute!! Get it serviced & repaired by a qualified person FFS!!
Mods get a grip.

Just jog on and do it you can only kill yourself , what else could go wrong

Many thanks for the helpful & mature responses, i gather this is something I should not do myself.....

Sponsored Links
Not likely to flash to steam after sundown even though its a full moon now.

More relevant is the danger of being faced with an uncontrollable flow of water.

But nevertheless, all work on sealed solar systems should be carried out by a qualified person.

Any water lost should be topped up by a correct concentration antifreeze solution.

Tony

More relevant is the danger of being faced with an uncontrollable flow of water.

But nevertheless, all work on sealed solar systems should be carried out by a qualified person.

Any water lost should be topped up by a correct concentration antifreeze solution.

Tony
Just got to love our Tony, you could have super heated steam at serious temperatures and he is worried about your anti-freeze

Tony

Have you installed & maintained many thermal solar panel systems Tony?? What jointing methods do you employ & how do you get the panels on the Bus??

Having done the course and assessment, I don't think that I have installed any. Only repaired a few.

They are the only financially viable system but the solar PV has been pushed by unsustainable feed in tariffs.

Not helped by the manufacturers who seriously over price solar thermal bits.

You need to drain down to filing pump but not when the suns out had some very warm glycol in the tank at times my advice would be to get someone who has had experience in thermal systems to change and flush an fill also check the rest of the system over

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back