Solar light inside a garden shed

The security aspect was really just an afterthought - the main point of the PIR is the convenience. I have been trying to put more and more of my lights on sensors, it's quite satisfying when you walk into a room and the lights just come on!

They are fine for irregularly used rooms, where you are never static - but useless anywhere that the lights are needed and you may sit or not move for long periods of time. A banking chain I worked for, were persuaded to have them fitted to one site, throughout their office suite with individual offices. They worked well, until an individual sat at their desks for long periods perhaps with a customer, then they would be plunged into darkness and would have to get up and retrigger the sensor.

Sponsored Links
They are fine for irregularly used rooms, where you are never static - but useless anywhere that the lights are needed and you may sit or not move for long periods of time. A banking chain I worked for, were persuaded to have them fitted to one site, throughout their office suite with individual offices. They worked well, until an individual sat at their desks for long periods perhaps with a customer, then they would be plunged into darkness and would have to get up and retrigger the sensor.
Agreed. I only have them in my kitchen and hallway, so not places where I am going to be sitting down for minutes at a time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back