Solar Outside lights.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have three solar outside lights that light my path at dusk and turn off at dawn. They also have a motion sensor and come much brighter if anyone walks past them. They worked great in summer but now it's winter ther isn't enough sun to charge the batteries. I've thought of getting wired versions but I havent seen any that match what I want.

I was wondering if its possible to run a cable to these to charge them when they need it. Obviously of the correct voltage etc. But I was wondering if this is something that has been done or is it a daft idea?

Cheers

Joe

Sponsored Links
I found my Christmas lights use 4 standard AA cells. I found opening up the battery pack and charging they would run for a week before they became flat again the solar was topping them up rather than running it totally.

After the 22nd nights get shorter so one or two boost chargers is likely enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back