solar water feature

Sponsored Links
I have one, lasted around 2 months, so would no bother playing with it. Cable likely 0.5 mm or less, and the cable can likely be cut, soldered and epoxy heat srink used, but it will cost more than the whole assembly.

I have one, lasted around 2 months, so would no bother playing with it. Cable likely 0.5 mm or less, and the cable can likely be cut, soldered and epoxy heat srink used, but it will cost more than the whole assembly.
I've had several ask if I can repair them and they all seem to be very young.

The only one I did anything with was arrange it to run on a power supply and then the pump didn't last long.

I've had several ask if I can repair them and they all seem to be very young.

The only one I did anything with was arrange it to run on a power supply and then the pump didn't last long.

Not if run 24/7! We have what was sold as a solar one, out by the summerhouse, the pump only ran when there was strong sun on it, so I converted it to run on a wallwart. That is only turned on, when we use the summerhouse balcony (BBQ's) - it has lasted for years.

Were I the OP, I would simply cut the cable somewhere convenient, and add some twin speaker cable in the middle. A couple of choc blocks will be fine for the joints.

Sponsored Links
Not if run 24/7! We have what was sold as a solar one, out by the summerhouse, the pump only ran when there was strong sun on it, so I converted it to run on a wallwart. That is only turned on, when we use the summerhouse balcony (BBQ's) - it has lasted for years.

Were I the OP, I would simply cut the cable somewhere convenient, and add some twin speaker cable in the middle. A couple of choc blocks will be fine for the joints.
The 'solar panel' was still sufficiently functional to switch the pump, all I did was apply power in place of the battery.

I suppose my pond pump is solar powered, I have 14 on the roof of the house. So can't say solar is no good, however I have had that many solar powered lights and pond pumps and few last more than a year.

So can't say solar is no good, however I have had that many solar powered lights and pond pumps and few last more than a year.

They have become cleverer over the years - now, if they haven't received a good charge, they remain off until they have had a good charge. I suppose it helps prevent the battery being over discharged.

They have become cleverer over the years - now, if they haven't received a good charge, they remain off until they have had a good charge. I suppose it helps prevent the battery being over discharged.
That would ring true when using a lead acid, but with an alkaline cell does not really matter if fully discharged. With a battery clearly over discharge can result in reverse charging one cell, but a simple limit to discharge voltage can stop that.

thanks.
will use speaker cables. Also if it lasts one summer I will be happy. for twenty quid I can buy one again next year.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back