Soldering a dripping pipe

M

marsaday

How long does it take for 22mm copper heating pipe to drain down. i am in my bathroom re-routing a connection to the rad and it is taking ages for the 22mm return to drain.

i have tried soldering it already today and it didnt take. this time i am waiting longer to see if it stops dripping.

i know i can put some bread in, but i have another joint further down the line to do as well, so i will be rushing once the bread goes in. would prefer to do it slowly.

Sponsored Links
If it has water in it, you will not be able to solder it. You may not get all the water to drain down because of the way the pipework is installed, why not just use compression joints then you do not have to worry.

Regards

Maxgas

Don't use Conex, solder it. Be patient or suck / blow the water out.

BREAD! :rolleyes:

Mr. W.

Breads fine, if you can figure a way of getting it back out before it blocks the HX.

Sponsored Links
have you tryed so elevate the joint to stop it running? Then use the heat gun to boil the water out. If there is no steam then let it cool then dress the joint for soldering then solder it elevated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back