Soldiers' bravery

I

imamartian

I started a new thread because i didn't want to hijack another similar thread...

.. but soldiers climbing out of a trench... what bravery... most of us couldn't do something that meant certain death... so how could they?

It's said that in the olden days... when armies stood in front of each other (how barbaric is that).... some turks (?) were drugged so that they would cut their own throats to terrorise the enemy !!!

what motivates such brevity.... like the SAS. etc?

Sponsored Links
Training, training, training, that and the threat of facing a firing squad.

I'll bet that most of us could*, you never know how far you can push yourself until you are really in deep ****. With an officer pointing his revolver at you should you fail to advance.

*no I can't prove it and hope that I'll never have to.

The Russians were treated as totally expendable cannon fodder on the Eastern front and were sent into battle half drunk a lot of the time.

Thank god we live in somewhat peaceful times. :eek:

They had more chance of surviving by climbing out of the trench towards the enemy, because if they didn't, their own commanding officer would shoot them.

Sponsored Links
As for the SAS, they are just hard b*****d's, simple as.
They are generally some of the nicest guys you could hope to meet - if you're on the same side :LOL: - as they have nothing to prove: they've done Selection, they know that they are the mutt's nuts. You would not be able to tell at face value that a lot of them are actually in the regiment, they are actually quite normal-looking, not at all "hard" as such. A lot of their operations require them to blend in, to be the grey man: looking like a tattooed skinhead chav wouldn't help too much in that respect ;). They don't go looking for trouble (outside of ops!), as anything like that will usually result in them being RTU'd, the ultimate disgrace for them, understandably.

As for the SAS, they are just hard b*****d's, simple as.
They are generally some of the nicest guys you could hope to meet - if you're on the same side :LOL: - as they have nothing to prove: they've done Selection, they know that they are the mutt's nuts. You would not be able to tell at face value that a lot of them are actually in the regiment, they are actually quite normal-looking, not at all "hard" as such. A lot of their operations require them to blend in, to be the grey man: looking like a tattooed skinhead chav wouldn't help too much in that respect ;). They don't go looking for trouble (outside of ops!), as anything like that will usually result in them being RTU'd, the ultimate disgrace for them, understandably.

Yeh yeh, we've all seen Who Dares Wins, and read Bravo Two Zero, and the other one, about the sheepshagger who used to work down the pit. :LOL: :LOL:

You've lost me with the third one...!

Cracking read!

51WD7SZGK5L._SS500_.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back