Solid fuel <-> gas link-up in Oxfordshire - recommenda

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I've recently moved into a house in Oxfordshire which has a solid fuel (multi-fuel stove with back boiler) central heating / DHW system (with immersion heater for DHW in the summer).

We only moved in this spring, so have yet to establish how effective / useable the current system is, but realistically it's likely that we'll get gas connected at some point in the not-too-distant future. We like the idea of a linked system, so that we can burn coal / wood for most of the time, but also have the option of heat at the push of a button when we don't have the time or inclination to set a fire and wait (and also for hot water in the summer). There's gas in the road outside, and we've checked with the gas supply people that it won't cost too much to get the house connected up, so I don't think there's any real problem. We've had some minor plumbing work done, but the plumber wasn't familiar with solid fuel systems, let alone link-up. So we're looking for someone in the area who has experience of such things, who could advise us on the possibilities and practicalities of installing such a system. There's a couple within range who are registered with HETAS, but personal recommendations would be preferable to random choice! Any suggestions?

Thanks very much.

Sponsored Links
I dont normally blow my own trumpet but....... I also know a few lads a bit nearer to you, I am just south of Buckingham.

Tony

Hi again Tony!

Cool - have you installed many gas <-> solid linked systems before then? I'm based in Chalgrove (due south of Jcn 7, M40).

We're not definitely going to get it done this autumn/winter, but one of the factors governing that decision is how much it would cost, so we could do with a quote or two. Realistically I reckon it's quite likely that we will want it done this year, and if not then soon after. If you or anyone you know who is closer would be interested in having a look and giving us a quote then I'd be grateful, and better informed as to how many pennies we'll need to save!

I will pass you over to a good guy I highly recommend, I need to look up his number and pm it to you later.
Gas isnt my thing :eek:

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back