Advice required twinning systems, gas/solid fuel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am a plumber and heating engineer/drainage engineer, my business is Dial A Rod, and now a day’s only do my own plumbing, as concentrate on clearing drains.

I have a system boiler wouster Bosch high flow 400, open vented, and I intend to add a solid fuel stove boiler in to the system.

I will stick a cylinder in the attic, 28mm pipe from boiler to cylinder, gravity fed, tee off flow at cylinder and vent to cold water tank, stick a pipe stat on flow wired to pump side to come on if flow reaches 90degrees, the 22mm pumped side to existing central heating,

will I have to do anything else on the pumped side , obviously I only intend to use one system at a time, gas in summer and solid fuel in winter, just want to keep system simple, but not sure if the system boiler will need to be isolated as it will have

The existing feed and expansion pipe connects in to the gas boiler direct, so might need to tee in another feed and expansion direct in to the flow and return pipe work.

I think when the gas boiler is off it will isolate itself, in the sense that the pumped solid fuel system will not circulate round the gas boiler.

Require help and info from experienced plumbers who have done such work just to check I have not missed anything, or can give me a bit help. My phone number is 07795694111

Regards Steve

Sponsored Links
I have a system boiler wouster Bosch high flow 400, open vented, and I intend to add a solid fuel stove boiler in to the system
Regards Steve

Make your mind up mate,system boiler or open vent.

Have a look at densely neutraliser for ideas,let's you run both together or independantly.

Isnt the highlow 400 a floorstanding combi with some storage ? if so are you going to use its hotwater. they did that model which could be open vent or sealed sytem, expansion vessel under the burner, the pumps integral so wont be gravity upto cylider, what sort of solid fuel unit , stove?. if so wrap round or small domestic hot water boiler in it ?

Sponsored Links
I think ya best option would be to fit a thermal store . solid fuel into it, combi into it, heating out of it , mains fed dhw via its coil :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back