Solutions to Low Mains Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've recently bought a new house and in my naivity (its my 1st place!) I forgot to check the water pressure.

The water comes in to the house via 10mm copper piping and after the stop cock goes straight to the Combi boiler.

When I have just cold water running, the pressure's good enough and when the hot waters running alone, the pressure's ok but run both taps together and the pressure on each is rubbish.

I really wanted to install a power shower but I've been told I can't do that because of the combi boiler.

I'm curious to know what solutions are available. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Classic combi problem I'm afraid. TBH with a combi you cannot have a power shower.
You have to get an unvented cylinder fitted or maybe an accumulator but
someone else will advise you on this as I have limited experiance/knowledge of accumulators.

Sponsored Links
The water comes in to the house via 10mm copper piping
scratch-head02-idea-animated-animat.gif

if the pressure is ok, you could have a new mains £1000 upwards to give you a better flow rate, if that not an option then accumulator or break tank and pump, unfortunately there isint a cheap option.not often you see 10mm mains.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back