Solvent based silicone on PVC panels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am about to fit some 10mm PVC panels around my shower bath. I was going to just use sticks like sh to fix to the wall and dow 785 silicone to seal round it. I then read somewhere that solvent based adhesives and silicones can have an effect on the PVC but I can't find the article again.

Does anyone know if you must use solvent free sealants and adhesives on PVC or will it matter?

Sponsored Links
The manufacturer that I got them from doesnt specify either way, however I found on another manufacturers site (similar if not same product)
that they use solvent free stuff.

Sponsored Links
I realise this thread is rather old but I just wanted to throw my piece in incase anyone stumbled across this.

I would certainly look at the manufacturer's instructions. But having dealt a lot with PVC wall panels, I would say that you're safe bet is to go with solvent-free.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back