Some advice on Logic plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have a Logic Plus and it started leaking water from the collector (terminology). I took the cover off and it was full of water. Pipe going out isn't blocked but why isn't it draining?

I can see some ferrous build up on the sump so think that's definitely leaking causing the excess water build up.

Can a split sump cause some pressure loss over a few months?

We do have boiler cover.

Sponsored Links
use your boiler cover and stop removing the boilers cover, you are doing so illegally

use your boiler cover and stop removing the boilers cover, you are doing so illegally

It was a simple question. Great help you are.

No one's touching the parts unless they're registered.

This is definitely a job for the professionals, so apart from the late night humour, Ianmcd is actually right. Give the boiler cover people a ring in the morning, and get them to replace the damaged parts, but be careful in case they try and tell you it's an uneconomical repair, and that you need a new boiler.

The waters not draining out, because you have a faulty boiler, and it was never designed intentionally to leak, and to be dealt with.

Sponsored Links
This is definitely a job for the professionals, so apart from the late night humour, Ianmcd is actually right. Give the boiler cover people a ring in the morning, and get them to replace the damaged parts, but be careful in case they try and tell you it's an uneconomical repair, and that you need a new boiler.

The waters not draining out, because you have a faulty boiler, and it was never designed intentionally to leak, and to be dealt with.

Thanks, no I get it the covers back on now. Just some advice that's all so I know where I stand before calling the insurance.

From what I gathered the sump is leaking out by the cover I think. Also the condensate trap fills up but doesn't appear to be going down the discharge pipe which I have checked and isn't blocked.

Boilers operating fine btw.

TiA

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back