Ideal Logic Plus - leak ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Hoping someone can give some onsite advice before we get a plumber in. We have an ideal logic plus, less than two years old and only regularly used in the last two months since we moved in. This morning I enter the room and find the work top covered in water that appears to have come from the pipe coupler on which the pressure gauge is. It wasn't a huge amount of water, much less that a cup full. I tidied it all up, checked boiler pressure and have had heating on now for three hours tonight with no sign of further leak. What could have caused this sudden discharge? I presume it must have been due to excessive pressure but must have happened when the system had cooled in the early hours when I would suspect pressure is lowest. Would this also discharge elsewhere and not the pipe fixing on the boiler.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Yes. Thank fully it is. Having inspected again with a torch I am wondering if it is simply that the nut needs tightening but then would have expected it to leak before now.

All very odd as there has been no further discharge.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back