Something to try myself?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening,

I have a porch that i want to replace the flat roof with a pitched roof.

The dimensions are 1700x600mm so not a massive area to work on.
Is this something i could possibly try myself? I'm quite handy at DIY (Worked as a kitchen and bathroom fitter for 5 years).

Is there a page on here that gives a rough guide on how to build a roof or is this something i should probably call in a professional?

Sponsored Links
It may not be a huge issue - especially if you can use a lean to type roof rather than a traditional pitch....but do check that you have enough pitch angle to suit the tiles of choice!
John :)

Brilliant thank you!

Will it be case of building a frame, felt, baton, lay tiles and flash or have I got this totally wrong?

Sponsored Links
Post a pic of your intended project if you can, and lets take things from there....a lean to roof is one of the easiest constructions though, it just involves a plate fixed to the wall, rafters, felt, laths and tiles.....plus a fill in of the sides.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back