Sonic Mice Repellers - any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Considering buying a sonic mice repeller that plugs into a socket as an alternative to the tom and gerry style traps.

Has anyone used one? Do they work? Any suggestions gratefully received please?

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Used them for the past two years....

Had mice in Garage, Rats in Loft.... plugged one in Garage, and another in loft..... No new noises or droppings ever seen again....

So I guess they wrked for me....

One thing is they will evetually stop working and this is normally that the pitch in the noise has changed.... However the give away is that you will hear them yourself.... beebing every few seconds.... just throw it out and fit a new one.... mine lasted about 18 months before i change them....

Sponsored Links
i tried one, seems that mice come in to look at it, uselsss

and if they are that good why do professionals not use them?

They don't work for me. Tried and tested methods are the ones to use.

Mixed reviews, caught one last night via a trap. Peanut butter worked.

So far these mice have ruined two pairs of trainers, one wool coat, fleece jacket, sports bag.

you need to swab down where they've been, and where they get in.

Mice leave a dribble of urine so one mouse will always follow where another has been.

have you found and blocked the entrance holes?

Not yet, could be the air vents? I've heard wire wool is good to block the vents?

Aluminium mesh as used in car bodywork repairs for reinforcement will cover an air brick without impeding airflow... perhaps within a light frame.
Not usually a good idea to block the airflow.

Smooth the peanut butter, the buqqers maybe sampling without tripping, if smoothed you'll see any markings tooth or claw.

-0-

hmmm, next time i am attacked by a cabbage i know what to do then

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back