Sonos Cable Extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im fitting a Sonos system to my room, Sonos is being placed on the wall near the ceiling. The current Sonos cable isn't long enough to run from the back of the Sonos to the Fused Spur. I can order a longer cable but it takes a few days, I have a spare Sonos cable in the house. Would it be possible to use the spare cable as an extension, what I mean by this is by having a joint using a wago box and the joint would be in the loft and not behind the walls. Would this be OK?

Thanks
C

Sponsored Links
Im fitting a Sonos system to my room, Sonos is being placed on the wall near the ceiling. The current Sonos cable isn't long enough to run from the back of the Sonos to the Fused Spur. I can order a longer cable but it takes a few days, I have a spare Sonos cable in the house. Would it be possible to use the spare cable as an extension, what I mean by this is by having a joint using a wago box and the joint would be in the loft and not behind the walls. Would this be OK?
That would be OK provided that the size of the conductors in the cable was suitable for use with the Wago connectors in question. Since we're talking bout flexible cables, thy would have to be 'lever-operated' (not 'push-in') Wagos of an appropriate size.

Kind Regards, John

That would be OK provided that the size of the conductors in the cable was suitable for use with the Wago connectors in question. Since we're talking bout flexible cables, thy would have to be 'lever-operated' (not 'push-in') Wagos of an appropriate size.

Kind Regards, John
I have some lever operated Wagos, will try them. Thanks C

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back