Loft power, spur or extension?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like a few power sockets in my loft. Needing to power a CCTV DVR, network switch, and two sonos amps for speakers.

I don't have access to any mains in the loft, only a loft light. It is a new build house.

I have a wardrobe in my office, I could drill through the top and into the loft. So I can wire from a plug socket in the room, through the side of the wardrobe, up through the wardrobe into the loft. I would also run a CAT5e cable along side.

My power sockets are flush with the wall. Should I take a spur from the socket for the wiring? Or can I just make it like an extension lead and have it plugged into the mains socket? It doesn't need to look neat as there is a desk along the wall next to the wardrobe so it will all be hidden.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You may as well plug it in.

Otherwise you will need a 13A Fused Connection Unit for more than one (double) socket on a spur.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back