sonos to kef

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Sorry last question regarding the kef soundlight....promise. Can i wire the speakers into the sonos connect amp or should i connect the speakers to my amp then connect the amp to the sonos.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Presuming that you really do have a Connect Amp, then wire the KEFS directly to the speaker outputs on the Sonos box. DO NOT try to wire the speaker output of the Connect Amp to the line inputs of any other Hi-Fi amp. You will fry the input stage of the second amp and there's a good chance that any resulting short will kill the Sonos too.

Oh, and if you're thinking about wiring the red and white sockets on the Sonos Connect Amp to the same colour sockets on a second Hi-Fi amp then you need to learn the difference between Inputs and Outputs. Audio signals do not come out of sockets marked IN.

Sponsored Links
Sure the O/P realises that signals don't come Out of sockets marked 'IN or Input' !!
I can't speak for the O/P, but I can say that in almost 20 years of contributing to forums that this idea of directionality in sockets is one of the single most misunderstood concepts in the Hi-Fi and AV world.

The simple idea that Out from a source device connects connects to In on a receiving device seems beyond the comprehension of the average equipment owner. One has only to look at owners trying to hook up budget soundbars as a prime example. So many folk see the red and the white phono sockets associated with an input on the rear of their TV and expect to get audio out from there. Even when it's pointed out that it's an input the penny doesn't drop.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back