Using Sonos with Apple Time Capsule

str

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning on buying a Sonos 5 unit and currently have an Apple Time Capsule providing the wifi signal in my house.

I had thought that the sonos will connect direct with the time capsule via the wifi signal but have been told that I also need to buy the sonos bridge in order to allow the sonos system to pick up the wifi signal.

anyone any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I sell Sonos. I'm not saying I know everything, but I have set up a fair few in the last 5 years since I started my business.

The reason for needing the wireless bridge (or one Sonos player directly connected to your network via Ethernet) is that the Sonos players use their own wireless network. This means you don't have to worry about network setup and SSIDs and security levels and passwords etc. Its plug and play.

Sonos often run promotions that we dealers buy in to. Bridges have been included in the past. Perhaps you should wait until there's an offer with the Play 5. If you find that the linked info does work then you can always sell the bridge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back