Sony bravia is black and white when dvd is on??????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all......I am a newbie here and I am having trouble with my mom and dad's Sony Bravia. They got a new 40" Bravia and I am trying to hook up there sony dvd player up for them. The dvd player is an older modle and has no HDMI hookup. Sooooo, I just used the regular RCA wires......yellow, red and white. The problem is that the pic is not very clear and it is black and white? Tried the dvd player on there other 50" sumsung, using exact same wires and it works great. Not sure what to do now and I am not very good with this stuff. Any idea or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Oh yeah........hard core sledder. Usually around 5000 kms per winter.......lots of mountains, powder, sidehilling and jumping.....lol. Lots of groomed trail too. This isn't helping with my TV/DVD fix......lol.

Is your DVD player or TV set to PAL or NTSC? Could be that its set to NTSC and your other TV adjusts to it but this one doesn't?

Sponsored Links
I think you are connecting old style scart components to modern rgb connectors, don't remember what they are called.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back