SONY KDL43W755C HDMI IN 1 not working with BUSH Freesat Box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have used the above SONY, connected to a BUSH Freesat Box, to view and record for some time now.
On switching on recently I got a message on the SONY stating "no signal". Have tried to use all other
ways to connect (via top left button starting with "digital" on the controller), nothing connects.
Have tried the same set-up, including the same cable, on another TV and the Freesat connection is great.

Sponsored Links
Try a factory reset / shipping condition to take the set back to its out-of-the-box-as-new condition. Also, either after or before this, unplug the set from the wall socket for power. Leave it disconnected for 10 mins. Reconnected power and switch on.

Glitches can sometimes be cleared by power cycling (not standby, it has to be a complete lack of power) and occasionally with a back-to-basics system reset.

After that then you're looking at something broken in the set. Try a different HDMI socket on the Sony to figure out if it's just that one or are all HDMIs affected. That could point you at either a dry joint on the HDMI board connection or something more serious.

Before you ask, there's nothing more that can be done by pressing buttons. If the power cycle and system reset didn't work then you're looking at the equivalent to a burst radiator. Fixing it requires manual intervention.

Many thanks L for a very full reply.
Thanks RG, you are correct, the machine is, as you say, an ALBA ALTVDi31217.
Do I take it there is a solution here?

Sponsored Links
Unless you have another HDMI source device you can try, or there's some other piece of relevant info you can add which may help throw some light on the issue, then I'd say you've hit the end stops in what you can do.

Does the bush box work on one of the Sony's other HDMI inputs?

Have you tried another HDMI source device? A console or perhaps a DVD/Blu-ray player.

Many thanks L for a very full reply.
Thanks RG, you are correct, the machine is, as you say, an ALBA ALTVDi31217.
Do I take it there is a solution here?
Sorry, would it be possible to clear up some of my confusion? :)

In your other thread, you had a 'no signal' problem connecting the Bush Freesat box to an Alba TV.
In this thread you are having a 'no signal problem' connecting the Bush Freesat box to a Sony TV.

Have you now got a problem connecting to both TV's, or is one working and the other one not?

Sorry, would it be possible to clear up some of my confusion? :)

In your other thread, you had a 'no signal' problem connecting the Bush Freesat box to an Alba TV.
In this thread you are having a 'no signal problem' connecting the Bush Freesat box to a Sony TV.

Have you now got a problem connecting to both TV's, or is one working and the other one not?
The way I read it, the Alba + Bush Freesat issue was a dish alignment problem. There was mention of being at the side of a wood and using a portable dish rig. Maybe he got line of sight on the Astra satellite after a bit of trial and error?

Sorry, I can see how the two "problems" confused the issue.
I was indeed trying to set up the original dish away from the trees.
This was another matter really, the signal was OK until the wind blew!
The SONY problem suddenly arrived in the midst of the "new setting up"
I thought it wise to see if the ALBA would take the signal (which it does)
I may be just unlucky but the SONY machine is the only one I've ever had trouble with.
I have another BUSH box, fed from the same dish, which drives a Panasonic TV in the bedroom,
this TV must be twice the age of the SONY, I have never, ever had any problems with it.

Sorry, forgot to mention, I am still using the original dish set-up.

Thank you very much for clearing that up! :)
I have another BUSH box, fed from the same dish, which drives a Panasonic TV in the bedroom,
Have you tried connecting this Bush box to the HDMI of the Sony, as @Lucid has suggested?
Have you tried another HDMI source device? A console or perhaps a DVD/Blu-ray player.

Many thanks Lucid.
Factory reset solved it, I took the opportunity of testing, and replacing some leads.
ps: am still torn between my Sony and my (very old, like me) PANASONIC !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back