Soot and smoke - Sterling 40

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler suddenly started producing a lot of black smoke about a month ago, coupled with noisy firing. It had not been touched and had been running beautifully since it was installed last September. It was very sooted up inside, so I cleaned it out and that seemed to cure it. Last week it happened again. It was dirty, but not too bad. All the advice I could find suggested the nozzle. I change this and checked the oil pressure as well (OK) but it has made no difference. What should I be looking for next?

Sponsored Links
I've had a couple these this week, just cleaned and and they ran ok. There may be a problem that is linked to the fuel supply, but there's no answer yet.

Thanks, oilman.
I've given it another, much more thorough clean, and it is running OK again.
(The first time I cleaned it I was a bit cursory). Don't understand how it got so clogged up after less than 5 months, though. We'll see how it goes now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back