Sorting a leaky wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

How can i stop water getting to the wall on the right of this picture?

I was hoping that applying a tanking slurry to the inside of the wall would be sufficient. Its stopped 90% of the water, but during a storm today (perfect test), some water still got through.

My feeling is that the only way I am going to be able to stop the water getting into the building is to stop the water getting to the wall.

The other side of my wall is a shed that I am trying to turn into a summer room,

My initial thinking is a box gutter at the bottom of the cladding (you can see where this ends in the top of the picture. Ignore the rubbish in the gap, I've already cleaned it out.

Naturally I will be discussing all options with my neighbour in due course.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20200810_175346.jpg
    20200810_175346.jpg
    379.2 KB · Views: 108
Sponsored Links
Hi Dallypro,

I'm a diyer so the pros here may well have a better answer, but I had a not too dissimilar problem with my garage which is very close to my neighbour's and on lower ground.

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/damp-garage-tanking-query.518155/#post-4316745

I dug as much of the earth rubble and other nonsense that the previous owner had piled down there, using a garden trowel due to space lol. After I got as far as I could reach I cleaned up the wall and applied stormdry yo the outside, I tanked the wall and floor on the inside and put a chemical dpc in for good measure as well (bring a bit too keen there).

I put a new EPDM roof on earlier this year and its nice and dry now. It looks like a tight squeeze but if you can get stormdry down there its good stuff.

Also if you are friendly with your neighbour some kind of flashing/barrier between the two roofs into a gutter. I did have a look at some mega wide guttering for mine but it was super expensive so I didn't bother. Good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back