sorting out old skirtings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,

house im just about to get had old old electrics, sockets in skirtings/lightswitches in door frames etc

now its going to get rewired to current standards, but i like the old style skirting/frames, their just painted white at the moment, is there any reasonable way to fill the holes that will be left in the wood from old sockets comming out that I can paint over with some more gloss that wouldnt be noticeable?

budget is holding me back from redoing all the skirting/frames for a while and to be honest I like the old stuff, would preffer to keep it if thres a subtle way to fill the gaps

thanks

Sponsored Links
Remove the sockets and stick in a scrap piece of timber cut smaller than the hole, place in hole short of flush and skim some two pack wood filler over the top and sand down flush

Get a big tin of easy sand car body filler (Halfords) - it's much cheaper than fancy wood filler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back