Sound Quality

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Back when I was a young pup of 16-18 years old, I thought the be all and end all of listening to music was how LOUD it was played. I had a big power amp and a pair of Jamo D365s (the largest of those in this picture):

228_2.jpg

I sold them about 5 years ago, slowly realising that as I reached my mid-20s I should have a little more respect for my neighbours. I now have a very mediocre Goodmans hi-fi and never turn it up above what I call "TV volume".

However, my grandparents bought me a pair of wireless headphones for Christmas. I've been too busy to even get them out of the box until now, but I tried them out for the first time tonight. I was blown away - I now realise that the reason I liked my previous set-up was nothing to do with the volume, but the way they could deliver every frequency with such clarity. I've just listened to a few of my favourite albums and heard instruments in the background that I never knew were there!

Plus, I can crank it up now and re-live my silly youth days, safe in the knowledge that nobody's going to complain!

I recommend these to anyone who loves their music:

ScreenHunter_1.jpg

argos link

Sponsored Links
A few years ago I got a pair of wireless RF headphones for xmas, Ross branded, from Argos. I was amazed at how clear they sounded, and the bass was phenomenal. Amazing what they can do with such small speakers! Also got some quality in-ear corded "buds" with a walkman, by Sony, they sound pretty fantastic too.

The great thing about these headphones is you can play them loud without annoying every bugger 3 houses down (like im doing with my 2:1 pc speakers now playing Meatloaf live with Melbourne Symphony Orchestra at high volume) (I have the DVD of it too, mixed in 5:1 it sounds glorious!)!!!!

Unfortunately, the Ross's have been tucked in a drawer for some time, and wont tune in now :cry:

I bought a pair of cordless headphones a few years ago when the police inspector who lives next door came round to complain about the noise :(
They got put in a drawer when we started building work last year but now you have reminded me I will get them out tonight and see if a bit of Rammstein wil blow the dust off :)

has anyone listened to 5:1 dts audio cd's.its amazing.even the old classics like,queen,night at the opera. :) 5 channels of discrete sound plus the subwoofer channel.wow.

Sponsored Links
The problem with headphones is you always think the phone is ringing.

joe

saturday morning wind up the volume, I like the house to shake abit but them headfones would solve the problem of my wife pulling the plug :cry: I won't some :D

Please bear this in mind when it comes to headphones...one word...

TINITUS!

I have suffered with it for 28 years constant ringing...every morning every night...every waking hour

All because I cranked up some status quo once......I took the head phones off and my ears were ringing a little...which was normal....went to bed...woke up and they have rung ever since.

Please........look after your lug holes.

Zampa said:
All because I cranked up some status quo once......I took the head phones off and my ears were ringing a little...which was normal....went to bed...woke up and they have rung ever since.

i'll just stay away from status quo then . . . shouldnt be too difficult!!!

crafty1289 said:
Zampa said:

i'll just stay away from status quo then . . . shouldnt be too difficult!!!

:LOL: ...im taking the days before they turned into the wombles on smack...turning out decent no nonsense boogie....

Not the ponced up barn dances they churn out now.

I had some brilliant Sony headphones that I bought for my Sony mp3 player.

But one day I was out for a walk and in the course of events the headphones became trapped in a lift. Now I have a wire with a 3.5mm plug on the end. I hate lifts. :mad:

Now I've got the standard in-ear headphones that came with the player.

AdamW said:
I had some brilliant Sony headphones that I bought for my Sony mp3 player.

But one day I was out for a walk and in the course of events the headphones became trapped in a lift. Now I have a wire with a 3.5mm plug on the end. I hate lifts. :mad:

Now I've got the standard in-ear headphones that came with the player.

lol. How do you get headphones trapped in a lift? I am very intrigued.

AdamW said:
one day I was out for a walk and in the course of events the headphones became trapped in a lift. Now I have a wire with a 3.5mm plug on the end. I hate lifts. :mad:
How on earth did that happen? Should you not be missing a head as well in that instance? :eek:

Well, I saw a pretty girl and you know how sometimes you get distracted? :eek:

I might have somehow ended up in an office building, standing in a lift in mid-conversation with the woman. Realised a little too late that on removing my headphones to chat I had just left them dragging behind me on the ground.

Doors shut, despite my best efforts to throw a shoe to jam them, James Bond style, I ended up with the aforementioned bare wire. :mad: It was a bit like that scene in Final Destination 2, but with far less blood and only headphones got hurt. They're only headphones, after all. :p

But despite being a headphone-dragging, shoe-throwing maniac, I got an invitation to dinner and have been seeing her a couple of months now, so it wasn't all bad :LOL:

Meatloaf? Queen? Status Quo? I'll settle for the tinnitus thanks...

a bit of Rammstein .. Great ... or Q music channel ... ;)

only when the neighbours are out at work ...

Sponsored Links
Back