Soundproof Garden Chair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good day to all!
I've got a lovely bit of garden that is sheltered and is a lovely area to sit and enjoy some peace and quiet, that is until a car drives past at 60 on the road 10ft away. I'm thinking of putting a backed bench style seat at the bottom a bit like the one pictured, and I'm wondering if it's possible to soundproof the back and sides to eliminate as much road sound as I can, creating an almost soundproof bubble if you will, whilst still able to enjoy the garden in front of it. Has anyone done anything like this? How well do you think it would work? What's going to be the best way of doing it? Any ideas/variations on the idea are welcome.
Thanks,
Sam
Screenshot_2023-04-26-09-00-07-32_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Sponsored Links
Earplugs will offer the best combination of function and cost, and there's no work to do. But, I suspect you want to hear the birds with the traffic noise taken away.

If the road is behind that hedge, let it grow a bit taller- that'll help. Or build a berm.

Sponsored Links
also worth noting, foliage and soft surfaces absorb sound and hard surfaces can deflect and echo sound
a structure as you show above with a back can also collect reflected sound and amplify it---- and you need to be careful as it looks like a structure approaching a shed that need planning permission in front of the principal elevation [front wall off the house ]in effect in the front garden

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back