Soundproof new partition wall

i will do, I am waiting on them to call back as I have a list of questions for them!

Sponsored Links
Cheers for all the help, that last link was very usefull.

spoke with the LABC and said what I was doing (ensuite, with WC and some electrics) and I don't need to notify them, just make sure I do them to standard. I didn't bother quizzing him about the specifics of the wall construction.

Blimey, bit layed back up there in Aberdeenshire arn't they :eek:

Sponsored Links
that's what i thought!

I think I may still try and get confirmation in writing, other wise i might have a problem in the future.

that's what i thought!
I think I may still try and get confirmation in writing, other wise i might have a problem in the future.
That's a really wise move IMO. It's really not what I would have expected & not what I’ve experienced down here; if the work is notifyable then your entitled to some proof that you’ve followed procedure. Using certified electrical trades will give you the necessary compliance documentation (BS7671) but what you’re doing doesn’t only apply to electrics! Your LABC may well be “laid back” up there but my experience is completely different down here; I would ask some serious questions, go higher if necessary & get it in writing. You WILL need proof that what you’ve done is compliant with BR’s in the event of a sale & unless you get certification from your LABC, you could be in the situation that a potential buyers survey puts you in the situation where you will be asked for but cant provide the necessary compliance documentation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back