Source for non-standard architrave?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have a source for non-standard architrave - something different to the ubiquitous torus and ogee? Specifically, I'm looking for something wider than average to suit the doors in an Edwardian house where the standard stuff just looks like a slightly pathetic afterthought. I've looked into having something machined, but it's pretty expensive for short runs.

An online source would be great but I work in the Peak District so anywhere realworld around Manchester/Sheffied/Stoke would be great - also London, as I'm down there a fair bit too.

Cheers.

Spook.

Sponsored Links
If having it machined is too pricey then you can use a router with various cutters and replicate any skirting/architrave you want. Thats if you've got one.

Short of that Travis Perkins machine plenty of it and are fairly reasonable too. What sort of lengths are you looking for?

Thanks makitaman - I've thought about going the router route but, to be honest, I'm being a bit lazy and, after all, time is money. After working out the cost of buying all the right cutters and the time involved in setting the job up I thought it was probably worth fishing around for an off the peg option.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back