South African says, it's Apartheid

Well well, there we have it, the UN has considered the whole situation and can't find any genocide to complain about, Israel can continue to get rid of Hamas - power to their elbow

Now we need to take a good hard look at South Africa and its clear support for Russia's genocide against the Ukrainians. And then we need to take a good long hard look at SA links with China. South Africa is one seriously dodgy country. However when you look at their leadership, they will soon be going down the Zimbabwean path

Sponsored Links
Well well, there we have it, the UN has considered the whole situation and can't find any genocide to complain about, Israel can continue to get rid of Hamas - power to their elbow

Now we need to take a good hard look at South Africa and its clear support for Russia's genocide against the Ukrainians. And then we need to take a good long hard look at SA links with China. South Africa is one seriously dodgy country. However when you look at their leadership, they will soon be going down the Zimbabwean path

You missed out the part about 12 UN workers being directly involved in the October 7th attacks on Israel,
apart from that, post of the day, thank you.

The international court of justice (ICJ) has not ruled on whether Israel has committed genocide – that will be decided at a later date – but its provisional ruling provides the clearest indication yet of which direction the judges are leaning. Its 29-page court order, released on Friday, is long, convoluted and filled with legalese, but it does hint that a majority of the judges see a credible risk to Palestinians under the genocide convention.

In paragraph 74, it states that “there is a real and imminent risk that irreparable prejudice” will be caused to the rights of Palestinians in Gaza under the genocide convention. Critically, it said it had “taken note” of a number of statements made by senior Israeli officials. These included the country’s defence minister, Yoav Gallant, saying Israel was fighting “human animals” and “we will eliminate everything”, and its president, Isaac Herzog, saying: “It’s an entire nation out there that is responsible.” Paragraph 54 of the order stated it was the court’s view, in light of the above statements, that “at least some” of South Africa’s claims that Palestinian rights needing protection under the genocide convention were “plausible”.

Sure, let's compare Russian war crimes with Israel and see who has the longer list over the last 80 years.

Sponsored Links
The ICJ’s decision in The Hague also spurred renewed calls to suspend weapons transfers to the Israeli government, which advocates say amount to complicity and violate international law. That includes arms shipments from the United States, Israel’s foremost backer. The US provides at least $3.8bn in military aid to Israel annually. For years, rights advocates and a growing number of US lawmakers have called on Washington to condition that assistance on Israel’s human rights record and international law. Yet, despite reports and investigations that showed US weapons were used in Israeli bombings that killed Palestinian civilians in Gaza, attempts to pressure Washington to end the transfers or determine whether the arms are being deployed in rights abuses have failed.

Among other countries, Canada and the United Kingdom faced growing pressure on Friday following the ICJ’s decision. Both nations are state parties to the Arms Trade Treaty, a UN pact that seeks to regulate the flow of weapons globally and prevent them from being used in violations of international law and human rights. It prohibits parties from greenlighting arms transfers “if [they have] knowledge at the time of authorization that the arms or items would be used in the commission of genocide, crimes against humanity, grave breaches of the Geneva Conventions of 1949, attacks directed against civilian objects or civilians protected as such, or other war crimes”.

The UK has licensed more than 474 million pounds ($602m) worth of military exports to Israel since 2015, according to Human Rights Watch (HRW), and it “provides approximately 15% of the components in the F-35 stealth bomber aircraft currently being used in Gaza”. But on Friday, Yasmine Ahmed, the UK director at HRW, said the ICJ’s provisional order should push the UK government to “halt arms exports to Israel with immediate effect”. “There is NO question,” she wrote on social media. “The Court found a plausible risk of genocide & the UK has an obligation to prevent genocide & not be complicit.”

That obligation stems from the UN’s 1948 Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide — commonly known as the Genocide Convention. The US, the UK and Canada are among 153 countries that are parties to the treaty. “If you’re supplying arms to a country where you know the arms may be used for criminal purposes, then you may become complicit in those crimes,” said Geoffrey Nice, a UK lawyer who led the prosecution of Slobodan Milosevic at the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia.

“And it’s very hard not to become complicit after a certain stage of knowing is reached and after a certain stage of conduct continues,” Nice told Al Jazeera in a television interview on Friday.

You missed out the part about 12 UN workers being directly involved in the October 7th attacks on Israel,
apart from that, post of the day, thank you.
Currently alleged, More to follow.

The president of the Judges took ~30min to outline their ruling while avoiding legal speak. As promised she did. The only legal terms were the numbers of the various sections of the genocide laws that were considered. They also considered UN reports and hate speech from 2 senior Israeli politicians. She then went on to the actions S Africa had requested and as expected pointed out that the judges can ignore these and come up with their own which she then did pointing out that there was sufficient evidence that genocide may be being committed. The ruling suggest that Israel may need to change the way it goes about running the war but that is an interpretation really for the legal lot to sort out. But the fact is that Israel is being tried by the court for genocide. Israel must also write to the court within 1 month stating how they are going to deal with the measures imposed on them.

Spooky. Israel comes up with some thing that may allow them to claim that the UN reports are fictitious. ;) Me being suspicious, Be interesting to see if that is what they do.

One judge from Uganda voted against all of the measures. At most 2 did. The president from the USA and the judge from Israel voted for all.

It seems there may be a 2nd case that the judges will have to consider but this time concerning the west bank. That said to occur in 2 weeks. Apartheid maybe? Sounds like it would be an obvious choice to me. Have to wait and see even if the action is actually taken. It was mentioned by an Israeli during an AlJ interview. One that didn't just shout back at the interviewer. I've no idea who or what he was.

Another thread sponsored by Facebook.

Get a grip John and stop attention seeking.

Another thread sponsored by Facebook.
Something that I do not spend much time looking at. Last time it was an explanation of how global warming happens. The actual true effects of CO2 increases. That sort of thing in a number of areas is all I use it for.

Israel comes up with some thing that may allow them to claim that the UN reports are fictitious.
Not exact. They mention the 12 and then claim that the entire UN organisation is biased/against them.

It seems a group of USA people have taken out a civil action against the USA State providing weapons to Israel. The state argues the court has no jurisdiction in this area. The judge - "most difficult case he has ever handled".

S Africa. Rather pleased with the judgement due to the implications concerning one of the orders concerning basic infrastructure. Food, power, water and hospitals. They feel the only way that will get fixed is via some sort of ceasefire.

It’s been noted you get the majority of your information from
Facebook!

However that is not true.

I do post Facebook links as some people have short attention spans and won't read documents.

I bet you didn't read the document on Israel's racist use of water as a weapon of war in invaded Palestine.

But then you won't read anything you don't want to see, so it wouldn't matter what format I used.

I remember you posted a link claiming Bill Gates was paying to depopulate the earth. I hope you get better soon.

However that is not true.

I do post Facebook links as some people have short attention spans and won't read documents.

I bet you didn't read the document on Israel's racist use of water as a weapon of war in invaded Palestine.

But then you won't read anything you don't want to see, so it wouldn't matter what format I used.

I remember you posted a link claiming Bill Gates was paying to depopulate the earth. I hope you get better soon.
I think he doth protest too much.

I don’t remember the bill gates link. Please point it out.

It's not hard to find the words associated with Israel and apartheid. I'll quote an interesting section from one

In July 2023, the US House of Representatives passed a resolution, 412–9, declaring that "The State of Israel is not a racist or apartheid state, Congress rejects all forms of antisemitism and xenophobia, and the United States will always be a staunch partner and supporter of Israel.

An earlier one suggests that the term does not apply down to colour of the races concerned.

However this is a link to the whole thing

There is no need to read it, a quick scan though should do. The interesting question really is why the USA always have their particular stance in respect to Israel when many other sources have entirely different views. This doesn't just apply to apartheid.

Somewhere to relieve yourself? You into waterworks?

Now are you saying you are a plumber as a euphemism? Pushing s hit uphill.

Oh Tranny you really do love owning yourself.

Well you spout enough of it

Blimey it’s that much you should be forced to pay some type of excess S*** tax :ROFLMAO:

Oh Gally you do love owning yer self

What happened to
Yer dog ??

Ali Harbi Ali ??? How’s he doing ??

Sponsored Links
Back