Southend.

Sponsored Links
I always find it a bit sad when the things people spend their lives campaigning for are only actioned after they die.
But great news for Southend-on-Sea

I always find it a bit sad when the things people spend their lives campaigning for are only actioned after they die.
But great news for Southend-on-Sea
As mentioned, a horrific event...

But this is politicians paying lip service to themselves...

This was an MP in a party that has caused tens of thousands of extra deaths due to their policies...

Surely a more fitting 'memorial' would be to deal with for example the homeless in Southend, rather than spend on the pomp and ceremony of a meaningless label?
(the vast majority of London isn't a city)

Let alone the costs involved, from street signs to stationary to website to higher politician's wages/expenses etc etc!

Yes, I am sure the people of Southend are now annoyed that there will be some higher stationary bills.

Sponsored Links
I don't see why they are making it a city.

I hate Southend, it's a poop hole full of wronguns,

It will please homeowners and land lord's though as their prices are going to get a huge increase, that's exactly what happened when Chelmsford was named a city.

All of a sudden it was considered "hip" to live in Chelmsford as it has city status prior to that Chelmsford was a cheap place to buy a house compared to other areas of South Essex

And again, I find one of my posts daring to criticise the Lal has been removed. Never seems to happen the other way round. Squeaky wheel gets the oil again. Hmm. Perhaps I should put a smiley up after my post - that seems to work for Ellal. :)

I went to school there for a few years, it was a poophole then.
I'm sure the city status will enable them to put up bills, make some extra parking charges etc.

I’ll always be thankful for Southend. I met Mrs Mottie in TOTS (Talk Of The South) in Southend. :love:

On a related note, when we lived in Plaistow, we used to go to the East Ham conservative club as a lot of our mates were members. When Mrs Mottie was heavily pregnant with our son in 1984, she remembers David Amess came up to her at a function, pointed to her belly and said "Ooh, let’s hope there’s a young conservative in there". :)

He seemed a nice chap and his heart was in the right place.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back