space for a en-suite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Can anyone tell me the minimum space I need around a toilet /basin and shower.i want to install a small en-suite and am thinking of a corner toilet a small cloak room basin and a 1000mm x 760mm shower tray which I already have.It is being fitted in a new extension and will have to comply with building regs.

I would be grateful for any info

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
New builds have to provide facilities & enough space for wheelchair access but I don’t think this applies to extensions, might be worth checking though! Other than that, there are no minimum space standards as far as I know although there will almost certainly be space & layout recommendations from an ergonomic point of view. As long as the installation itself complies with building regs, it’s really a question how comfortable you are when reading the Sunday papers!

Sponsored Links
Thankyou both for the reply and sorry that I could not reply yesterday I have tried the link, so as long as it is big enough for me to turn around in, thats all I am worried about,As long as the building regs officer is of the same opinion I hope It will be OK

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back