Building Regs in relation to an en suite toilet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again folks,

I need a wee bit of info with relation to a possible en suite toilet plan. I need the space requirements for the area around the toilet. I think i've got enough room but i need someone who knows to point me in the right direction..

Thanks in advance

Dinger

Sponsored Links
a sarcasm... the king of all witt!! thanks for that... i need the space requirements (building regs wise) around the bowl of the toilet and sink.

But thanks for your time and effort anyway...

Any one else got a proper answer...lol?

sarcasm aint my style

they ARE the answer!

that is the proper answer!

jeez you try and help someone - why bother

oh and make sure its 20 times bigger than your window ..lol :p

Sponsored Links
or put a fan in ducted thru` the wall :idea: you could do with a lead tray under the WC. You are likely to have WEE and **** taken,away by the tray, known by the victorians as a lead safe ;) Fur Fox Ache, just a bunch o` vagabonds on this website :LOL:

Ok maybe i didnt make the request clear enough, sorry... I know ive got to have a toilet and sink. I'll have a window (i'm planning the area at the bottom hall for a guest bathroom) so no fan required.

I just need to see if there are any building regs in place for the minimum space you require around a toilet other than what feels comfortable??

Thanks

Dinger

dinger541 said:
I just need to see if there are any building regs in place for the minimum space you require around a toilet other than what feels comfortable??
Give your local BCO a ring if you're still not sure but what I will say it's best to have a door opening outward in a small room for getting someone out incase of an emergency, the same as with showers doors. I have seen people trapped inside against the door that open inwards.

what are you doing walking into other peoples bathrooms while theyre having showers?

I was working in old people rest home extension when fitting fire doors and they had to get the fireman to break down the shower door that open inward as one of the elderly collapse against the shower door and the shower was still running, they reckon the heat in the shower was too much and therefore the poor chaps passed out. I think the building rules are difference now but you can still buy pivot door that open inwards.

If Johnny 2 Jags has now made the space around the toilet pan part of the regs, then god help us all (rant about nanny state, etc, etc). I personally work on the principle that if I can get my legs in and sit down, its big enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back