Spare cartridges for Astracast Capello mixer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a new kitchen fitted a few years ago. The mixer tap on the sink is an Astracast Capello.

One of the cartridges is now passing causing constant dripping from the spout. I contacted Astracast and they unhelpfully told me that the cartridges are now obsolete.

Does anyone know where I could get either some spares or compatible cartridges ?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks - But I can only see one Astracast cartridge on their spares list and it looks nothing like what I need......

None of those cartridges are cheap are they ?

I don't want to change the tap because it's soldered connections all the way - No compression fittings that I can break. If I do end up having to replace it I will never fit an Astracast tap again...... :mad:

Send them an email or give them a call - not everything they have is on their website

And no, they aren't cheap; generally in retail supply and demand dictates prices, and when demand for hard-to-get items is high, prices can go up...

Sponsored Links
OK - Will do. Thank you for your advice.

It seems wrong that Astracast can sell many thousands of these taps and then just declare (almost with delight) that they can't supply any spares.

I guess they're hoping that people will be forced to buy a new tap. This approach will backfire in my case - If I'm forced to buy a new tap it will be from a manufacturer with a decent after sales spares service and not from Astracast.....

Well I would e-mail them (with some photos of the required cartridges) if they had an e-mail address...... !

There appears to be no e-mail address on the website......

I think your tap is made by bristan so have a look at their tap range and you may find the same tap under a different name.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back