Spark wants money in advance

just because they owe you doesnt mean you'll get it though

if u take them to court over it .... all they have to do it write a cheque for £1 and then you have to restart the whole court process, which will cost u more than its worth in long run

what happens when u 'quit' a job before finnishing?... since another electrician isnt supposed to be able to pass the install is he/she? (or have i got that wrong)

Sponsored Links
just because they owe you doesnt mean you'll get it though

if u take them to court over it .... all they have to do it write a cheque for £1 and then you have to restart the whole court process, which will cost u more than its worth in long run

what happens when u 'quit' a job before finnishing?... since another electrician isnt supposed to be able to pass the install is he/she? (or have i got that wrong)

me ? I`m not a sparky (alarms are my thing) but it dos seem the power is in the hands of the contractor not the customer - the deposit is there more for the customers who question the paying of it ... if they question it I just dont quote for the work, but if it all went bad its suprising how much a small legal paragraph can achieve

Jim2287 said:
.... all they have to do it write a cheque for £1 and then you have to restart the whole court process
That is wrong information and therefore bad advice.

Maybe there is some reason he doesn't trust you.

Sorry.

There's a voice of experience. Sometimes I do a pro forma invoice if (for whatever reason) I'm not sure about the customer.

Sponsored Links
Pensdown said:
Sometimes I do a pro forma invoice if (for whatever reason) I'm not sure about the customer.
You know the Lutine bell that they sound once for bad news at Lloyds of London? I'm gonna get me one of those and ring it when a landlord 'phones me to book a job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back