Speaker advise please!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I'm looking for a good pair of self powered speakers. Mainly to run my iPhone but I fed up of docking stations that seem to lack the versatility of two speakers.

Can anyone make any recommendations or point me somewhere to look?

Budget is around £100 as it is only for home use.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Are you pleased with the sound? Plenty of base? As most docking stations seem lack this that's why I were looking for a couple of powered speakers

Sound is very good with plenty of bass from such a small unit, it has a bass boost function but this spoils the sound somewhat i find.

Yes to the Maplin ones. I were actually looking at those ones.

Have you got them?

Hello all,

I'm looking for a good pair of self powered speakers. Mainly to run my iPhone but I fed up of docking stations that seem to lack the versatility of two speakers.

Can anyone make any recommendations or point me somewhere to look?

Budget is around £100 as it is only for home use.

Thanks
Do you actually want stereo self-powered (active) speakers or are you happy with a dock with built-in speakers?

Do you own an iPod dock right now that has an audio out connection for hooking up to external speakers?

Is there any size limit to the speakers you might consider presuming of course that they fit your £100 budget?

They are the type of thing but a little out of my price range.

Got a couple of docking stations and they are ok but can't beat a good set of speakers I just struggle for the space with the amp hence looking for self powered "book shelf " style speakers.

Think I will call into Maplins for a look.

Think I will call into Maplins for a look.

I did think long and hard before i shelled out my hard earned cash. I checked out the Maplin ones but the Frequency response is just about the same as any other amp/speaker combination. If you get a chance to listen to a good set of studio monitors you would think again about buying a cheaper pair... Only my opinion..

And again..........

Do you actually want stereo self-powered (active) speakers or are you happy with a dock with built-in speakers?

Do you own an iPod dock right now that has an audio out connection for hooking up to external speakers?

Is there any size limit to the speakers you might consider presuming of course that they fit your £100 budget?​

Sorry Lucid,

My answers below.

Do you actually want stereo self-powered (active) speakers or are you happy with a dock with built-in speakers? Active speakers, so they can be positioned better.

Do you own an iPod dock right now that has an audio out connection for hooking up to external speakers? Yes

Is there any size limit to the speakers you might consider presuming of course that they fit your £100 budget? smaller the better really, shelf size maximum.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/speaker-advise-please.449934/#ixzz3wGKf0ja

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back