Special offer Hi-eff cond boiler + 7 rads fitted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There's a local heating offer for £2k+vat supplied and fitted;

80,000btu Sabre combi (probably model less than 25 HE)
7 rads of size choice
7 pairs rad valves
Built-in time clock
Filling loop
Tubing

Addition boilers;

Sabre 25 HE (+£100)
Sabre 29 HE (+£150)
Potterton Performa 24 HE (+£160)
Potterton Performa 30 HE (+£230)
Baxi 105 HE (+£265)
Glowworm 30CXI (+£310)
Glowworm 38CXI (+£430)
Worcester Greenstar 24I JUN (+£320)

From what I've read here I'd be better going for the Worcester.

I'm not in a position to invite actual quotes yet, as it's for a house we're interested in, to replace an open vented one-pipe system with back boiler and indirect cylinder (gravity DHW pumped CH).

House is semi-det dormer with 2 beds, 2 reception rooms, kitchen and bathroom.

Does this sound such a special offer for £2320+vat?

Many thanks in advance for any advice/recommendations offered

Sponsored Links
No Room stat?, No TRVs?..... No compliance to part L of the building regs. There are plenty of companies here doing these kinds of cheap at first glance deals

"Signature removed." :D

Wow! :eek:
What's wrong with you-eff-see-you-kay... it's not eff-you-see-kay!!! :rolleyes:

You have to understand that these unpaid, unidentified, moderators are only doing it because it gives them a secret power complex!

What concerns me is that they are not responsible to anyone for their actions or any mistakes they make in their judgement! There is this Mod 10 who is not qualified on gas but makes judgements about gas safety matters!

The official answer is that if you give contact details it could be used to spam you. But thats your problem if you chose to give them. Assuming you are over 21 then you are a voting adult and can make your own decisions and accept the consequences.

As far as that advertised offer is concerned, those I have seen advertised are a "comeon" and the actual quoted price for anyone is usually at least £1000 higher!

Whatever you do get it in writing and fully specified FIRST. Perhaps paying a competent heating engineer to assess it before you sign up to anything.

Tony Glazier

CORGI reg 184194 unlike Mod 10 who is not registered or qualified!

Sponsored Links
These prices are probably for a clean new install, not removing the old one first. Thia would add 300 - 600 straight away.

I would expect the cost to be around £3500-£3700 + VAT for a good quality system with a 2 year warranty :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back