Spin cycle noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my Ariston washing machine is making this realy loud rattling noise while on the spin cycle. I've turned the machine off and rolled the drum with my hand and it seems to be catching slightly. it sounds like there is somthing cought inside but it's not comming out off the thingy at the bottom where all the junk filters out to. I am just as guilty of not checking my pockets before my trousers go into the wash so could there be a coin in there? if so how can you remove it? Is this something totaly different?

It's a thunderous noise while on the spin cycle like mettle clashing!!!

HELP My clothes stink and I don't fancy the idea of popping to mums every week!

Thanks in advance peeps

Sponsored Links
The favorite culprit for this is the wire from a bra or paper clips, happens all the time here. They will rust quickly and and the noise should stop in a couple of days.

Yes, bra wires are the most popular obstruction but they are usually stainless steel so they don't rust. The usual way to get them out is by removing the heater but you might have fun & games trying to get the rubber heater grommet back in place afterwards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back