Splicing boiler cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a bit of an awkward one that I'm hoping someone might be able to help with?

I've got this cable running from the boiler to a unit upstairs that I need to run through the joists so it's out of the way and hidden in the ceiling. At the minute it's sticking up from the RSJ so will be visible when I board everything coming through the top

What would be the easiest way to reroute the cable? I didn't know if it would be possible to splice the cable, re route it and then connect the cable back up again in a wago box? Or is that a big no no?

I would disconnect it from upstairs but it's routed in an awkward way so would be a nightmare getting it back upstairs

Attachments

• PXL_20231022_101731115~2.jpg
    PXL_20231022_101731115~2.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 70
Sponsored Links
Have you shown the picture of the correct area?

Surely if you run the cable as in the red line it will not be visible.

1697970723810.png

Or - why can't it be run above the joist?

I've got a bit of an awkward one that I'm hoping someone might be able to help with?

I've got this cable running from the boiler to a unit upstairs that I need to run through the joists so it's out of the way and hidden in the ceiling. At the minute it's sticking up from the RSJ so will be visible when I board everything coming through the top

What would be the easiest way to reroute the cable? I didn't know if it would be possible to splice the cable, re route it and then connect the cable back up again in a wago box? Or is that a big no no?

I would disconnect it from upstairs but it's routed in an awkward way so would be a nightmare getting it back upstairs
Where does the cable go in the bottom of the picture? It must be connected to/in something, Can you not disconnect it there rather than cut it?

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I just took the boiler cover off in the end and disconnected it, then routed it through the joists

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back