Spluttering got tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
The en suite basin hot tap splutters all the time, after a few seconds the flow is good and there is no spluttering but then as the water heats up it starts again. I have a combo boiler and this is the only tap that does it, bath hot taps in both bathroom and en suite are fine and other basin taps ok. I thought it could be the tap as the ends were gobbed up in lime scale. I’ve fitted a new mixer tap as we have had a new basin, mixer tap is on tails that connect to new 15mm copper pipe and then connects onto the previous pipework after 1 Mtr. Despite all this it’s still spluttering, left on for a few minutes in case it was an air lock but no better and as said all other taps ok. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
So you have two bathrooms and a en suite operating off of a combi, your lucky to get anything out the taps.
Try changing the cartridge in the tap.

So you have two bathrooms and a en suite operating off of a combi, your lucky to get anything out the taps.
Try changing the cartridge in the tap.
Did you notice that the tap has been changed and why doesn`t it effect all the taps, don`t see what a combi has to do with it IF it is the only open tap.

Sponsored Links
I have 1 bathroom and 1 ensuite, we used to have two taps on the basin in the ensuite and the hot tap always sputtered, both taps are now gone and replaced with a brand new mixer tap as we had a new basin and I assumed it was the old tap that was to blame but new tap still splutters when hot is turned on (cold is fine). Why would it matter how many bathrooms we have, wouldn't it only cause an issue if more than 1 tap was open at once. Could have 50 hot water taps running off a combi and as long as only 1 tap was open I would expect to get the same flow rate as if we had only 1 hot water tap in the entire house. Also The flow is good until the water heats up then it starts spluttering

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back